The aim of the school is to provide an overview of the present status and progress in hadron structure and dynamics, as well as a preview of the forthcoming investigations.
It will cover lectures on both experimental and theoretical aspects, including in particular the presentation of new results.
The main topics of the school are:
- Effective Field Theories of QCD (Introduction to non relativistic EFTs (HQET, NRQCD, pNRQCD) and chiral effective field theory. Quark-gluon plasma, heavy-ion collisions, thermal field theory, effective field theories at finite temperature)
- Analysis tools for hadron physics (Cross sections, Dalitz plot, helicity formalisms, S-Matrix constraints, reaction amplitude parametrization, hands-on with simulated data)
- Hadron physics experiments (Experimental Methods in Hadron Spectroscopy. Light Mesons with open and hidden strangeness. Mesons spin and parity determination procedure. Baryon spectroscopy in the light sector. Photo and electro-production of mesons on nucleon targets. Polarization observables and complete reactions. Experimental and statistical methods for data analysis. Applications to data: polarization observable and cross section extraction)
- Antonio Vairo (T.U. Munich)
- Jacopo Ghiglieri (CNRS, IN2P3)
- Vincent Mathieu (U. Barcelona)
- Miguel Albaladejo (IFIC Valencia)
- Annalisa D'Angelo (U. Roma and INFN)
- Alessandra Filippi (INFN Torino)
- Derek Glazier (U. Glasgow)
- Lucilla Lanza (U. Rome Tor Vergata)
- Nickolas Zachariou (U. York)